Subject: Re: FW: XML.ORG E-Government Focus web content

Diane

The first thing to remember is that the TC is not charged with vetting or sanitising everything that comes into the XML.org site.  So for some things we will just post them for information with no TC comment.  However other things will clearly require a response, such as the note from Carl.  I suggest for now you and I initially review these type of enquiries and determine how to deal with them.  Perhaps when we have more of them a pattern will emerge that will tell us how to deal with specific types of enquiries.  But I guess there will be a lot of ad hoc stuff that we'll have to deal with on a case by case basis.

For this one from Carl we've already received a similar note on this subject from him direct into the TC and I'll be dealing with that shortly.  So can you send him a short note as editor saying we'll deal with it in the TC.

John

"Diane.Lewis@usdoj.gov" <Diane.Lewis@usdoj.gov>

02/02/2004 13:06

"'John.Borras@e-Envoy.gsi.gov.uk'" <John.Borras@e-Envoy.gsi.gov.uk>, "'egov@lists.oasis-open.org'" <egov@lists.oasis-open.org>
cc
Subject
FW: XML.ORG E-Government Focus web content

John, colleagues,

as current editor of the newly activated xml.org focus area....
i will be receiving responses from visitor's to the site...   below is an example of a "letter to the editor" i have received since the focus area went live.

I suspect we will need to set-up a procedure for "aborbing" and "processing" these "letters to the editor".   We advertise on the site that it is meant to be a clearinghouse.. exchange of egov work throughout the planet.... so suggest we determine a procedure to review content provided from non-TC members/observers and a strategy of inclusion for e-gov efforts underway in various shapes and sizes that we discover via the focus area site.

First step:  responding to Mr. Reed (below) either via the TC chair one-on-one response or individually through interested members or authoring an editor's response that summarizes all input from TC membership... ???  which approach works??

Second step:  set-up informal procedure to follow for processing future letter to the editor responses....

thanks for your guidance/advice   diane