Subject: [no subject]

· it must be possible to create schema documents from components held in
the repository;

· it must be possible to hold multiple versions of schema components and
complete schema documents;

The reason I say this is that (as you know) the ebXML Registry
specification does not yet have *native* (plug-and-play) support for
fine-grained components such as elements, attributes, datatypes, and
namespace identifiers (again, I mean that these are not explicitly
called out in the spec, but an implementer can certainly accomodate them
given the abstract nature of the ebXML Registry information model). The
Core Components work will get us closer to this, but it is a methodology
that not all will want/need to adopt. So we still need to have native
support for these fine-grained XML components. My hope is that the new
Semantic Content Management initiative in the ebXML Registry TC will
address this.

David Webber will most likely follow with a comment on how CAM fits with
all of this. :)

Kind Regards,
Joe