Subject: Response to your xml.org webmaster inquiry: XML standards to exchangedata in the E-Gov environment

Mr. Ngo,

thanks for your inquiry.  I am the current editor of the xml.org egov focus area and i am a member of the OASIS egov TC.   As a federal government employee i share your requirement for XML standards references.   The xml.org egov Focus Area content may provide you with initial links to resources that may support your effort.  http://egovernment.xml.org/

I am copying your message to the xml.org webmaster below so that members of the OASIS eGov TC as well as the TC Chair John Borras, UK have an opportunity to identify other references you might benefit from.  The OASIS eGov TC charter explains the basis for the work underway by TC members.

<charter>The purpose of this TC is to provide a forum for Governments internationally to voice their needs and requirements with respect to XML-based standards which can be handed off to relevant OASIS TCs, provide a mechanism for the creation of best practice documents, and promote the adoption of OASIS specs/standards within Governments.</charter>

<message>
Comments:
Hi there,

We are currently engaged in a large eGovernment project where we are required to interact with multiple document management and general ledger systems.

We are in the process of identifying the XML standards that we should be using to exchange data between these system, thus is wondering if you can provide some guidance to where we should be looking for reference information or where we can find these standards.

Thanks in advanace.

Ken Ngo </message>