Subject: Groups - OASIS e-Gov TC Workshop modified

OASIS e-Gov TC Workshop has been modified by Farah Ahmed (farah.ahmed@e-envoy.gsi.gov.uk).

Date:  Thursday, 13 May 2004
Time:  10:00am - 04:00pm Pacific Time

Event Description:
The workshop will be held at the Hong Kong University (exact room number to be confirmed) and will run from 10.00am until 16.00pm.

Hotels
Below are details of hotel accommodation that have been provided by Dorris Tai.  If you require any further help in this respect please contact her direct.

All  hotels are close to the HKU campus as well as to the downtown area. They are 4-star hotels and  take less than 15 minutes  ( taxi ride about HK$20 to HK$30) from the hotel to HKU or to downtown.

1) Bishop Lei International House
http://www.bishopleihtl.com.hk
** Closest to the popular bar/restaurant area, Lan Kwai Fong (http://www.lankwaifong.com/)

2) Island Pacific Hotel Hong Kong
http://www.islandpacifichotel.com.hk

3) Novotel Century Harbourview
http://www.accorhotels-asia.com/hotelsearch/default.asp?hc=3564
Hotel shuttle bus schedule http://www.century-harbour-hotel.com/Info/City%20Shuttle%20Schedule%20(Apr%202003).doc
Hotel map http://www.century-harbour-hotel.com/Info/map.jpg

The best way to get to the above hotels from HK International Airport is to take the Airport Express Train (HK$100 one-way or HK$180 return) from the airport to Hong Kong Station (in Central) and then take a taxi (a 10-20 minutes ride).

Adjacent Event
We are holding this workshop adjacent to another event at the University.  This is a  Forum on E-Commerce Interoperability and Standardization being held on the afternoon of Friday 14th May at which Jon Bosak, chair of the OASIS UBL TC, and myself will be presenting. so you may wish to stay on for that event. Again Dorris can provide more information about this event.

Invitation to Others
Several of you I know have already spoken to other contacts about this workshop, so will you please use this e-mail as the official invitation from me to those persons.  For the purposes of this workshop, I am content for non-OASIS members to attend, but would stress that only OASIS members will be eligible to participate in the sub-committee once constituted.

Agenda:
1.  Welcome and Introductions
2.  The work of the OASIS e-Gov Technical Committee - John Borras
3.  Round Table - presentations/briefs on e-Gov initiatives by participants
4.  Constituting an Asia/Pacific Sub-Committee
	-  terms of reference
	-  officials
	-  working arrangements
	-   liaisons with main TC
5.  Any Other Business

You will see from this agenda that I would like participants to share with the group their current e-Gov activities, and this can be by use of slides or just verbal presentations.  I will also be looking for volunteers to run the sub-committee so would you consider your availability and interest in that before the day please.

Minutes:

View event details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/egov/event.php?event_id=4787

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above link does not work for you, your email
application may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to
browser.