Subject: Fw: tax-xml position paper

Can I draw your attention to the attached paper that has been produced by the Tax-XML TC.    If you have any comments can you please direct them to Harm or if you see a join with other work that we are doing in our TC please let me know.   Clearly this is an area where we need close liaison between both TCs as we go forward.

Diane - can you post a reference to this on our XML.org site please again with the request for comments back to Harm.

John

----- Forwarded by John Borras/e-Envoy/CabinetOffice on 12/07/2004 13:31 -----

"Harm-Jan van Burg" <harmjan@vanburg.net>

23/06/2004 19:01

<John.Borras@cabinet-office.gsi.gov.uk>
cc
Subject
tax-xml position paper

John,

Today the tax-xml tc published a position paper for tax administrations. It is a recommendation for the use of open standards.  This paper is the basis for our discussions with the OECD. In my mind it does not conflict with the direction your TC is taking although we realise that tax administrations with their huge communication capabilities and needs can play a strategic role within their governmental organisation.

Harm Jan van Burg
Chair tax-xml TC

PLEASE NOTE: THE ABOVE MESSAGE WAS RECEIVED FROM THE INTERNET.

On entering the GSi, this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet (GSi) virus scanning service supplied exclusively by Energis in partnership with MessageLabs.

Please see http://www.gsi.gov.uk/main/notices/information/gsi-003-2002.pdf for further details.

In case of problems, please call your organisational IT helpdesk

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet (GSi) virus scanning service supplied exclusively by Energis in partnership with MessageLabs.

On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus-free

OASIS_XML_Position_Paper_for_Tax_Administrations_v1-0.pdf