Subject: RE: [egov] Groups - DON XML Developer's Guide.zip uploaded

Paul,

The DON NDR V2.0 has been given final approval by the DON XML Working
Group and DON Business Standards Council and is awaiting signature from
the CIO for public release.  You can read more about it here:
http://www.gcn.com/vol1_no1/daily-updates/26730-1.html.  Next steps for
the governance council will be a formal standup of the Technical
Standards Council who will have oversight of all  Voluntary Consensus
Standard XML Technical Specs and their use by the DON.  Also, the DON
XML Registry Requirements document will soon be posted on the
www.xml.gov website.

For those of you interested in the continuing ISO 15000-5 Core
Components and XML work being done for various US Presidential
Initiatives, LMI recently submitted over 300 candidate core components
in behalf of the Integrated Acquisition Environment, SBA - Trucking, and
SBA - Coal Mining efforts.  Additionally, We will be submitting over 900
candidate BIEs by the end of this week and approx 1200 - 1500 additional
candidate BIEs by the end of this month.  These core components and BIEs
are the beginnings of a U.S. federal XML vocabulary that will be posted
at www.core.gov.

Mark
Mark R. Crawford
Senior Research Fellow - LMI XML Lead
W3C Advisory Committee, OASIS, RosettaNet Representative
Vice Chair - OASIS UBL TC & Chair Naming and Design Rules Subcommittee
Chair - UN/CEFACT XML Syntax Working Group
Editor - UN/CEFACT Core Components

LMI Government Consulting
2000 Corporate Ridge
McLean, VA 22102-7805
703.917.7177 Phone
703.655.4810 Wireless
The opportunity to make a difference has never been greater.

www.lmi.org <http://www.lmi.org>