Subject: Re: [egov] ebXML, Hutchinson Holdings, Terror Threats and ContainerShipment Tracking

Duane,

Good thought.  That factor was brought up in the 60 minutes peice - but
the tracking is crucial - since having a secure container saves you
against possible tampering in-transit, and that works seems to be well
underway, but obviously if it is a Trojan in the first place - it just
ensures you have an even better Trojan being more securely delivered!

The 60 minutes piece also made the point that it is the port authorities
and governments that really need to drive this.  If they are apathetic
then there is no amount of calls for standardization that will actually
cause anything to happen.  Again - if you have Hutchinson involved -
then you know that 44% of container traffic will need to conform - and
that's a huge head-start.

But you are right - we do need to reach out to the stakeholders and the
authoritative sources here to understand how we can move things forward.

Thanks, DW