Subject: Re: [egov] ebXML, Hutchinson Holdings, Terror Threats and ContainerShipment Tracking

Duane,

Turns out the WCO folks are harmonizing the Customs Handling form data.
That's not enough level of detail into the container history itself.
The old EDI US Customs 309 manifest and its UN equivalent shows overall
manifest and packing of containers in vessel, but not history
of containers.

Brainstorming this - seems like we need a lightweight system -
preferably thru hand held devices that can scan container info' - and then
input logistics tracking details - and WIFI that to an ebXML server.
Making it hand-held means truck drivers can use them
cab-side - and then the terminal can upload the information and
consolidate the shipment history accordingly.

DW