Subject: Re: [egov] ebXML, Hutchinson Holdings, Terror ThreatsandContainer Shipment Tracking

Patrick,

Thanks so much for the clarification. Your mention of a "key data
reference model" below caused me to wonder if you were talking about the
FEA DRM (whose release is imminent, according to public reports over the
past several weeks). I now see that you were speaking of the TRM.

I would like to very respectfully clarify your original statement, given
this additional information. Your statement was:

<Quote>
The CIO Council is using OASIS ebXML as a key data reference model for
its Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA). The 28 federal departments,
including Homeland Security and Justice, must adhere to the FEA.
</Quote>

I would respectfully say that your characterization of ebXML being used
as a "key data reference model", or "key" in any respect with regard to
the TRM is much too strong. ebXML is simply provided within the TRM as
an example of a standard that can be placed under the "Data Exchange"
category of the TRM taxonomy. It is not identified in any way as "key",
or critical, or important (not to say that it's not an important
standard) - it is simply provided as a reference.

I just wanted to make sure that someone reading the original e-mail of
this thread did not misunderstand the representation of ebXML within the
publicly available reference models of the FEA.

Respectfully,
Joe Chiusano
Booz Allen Hamilton
Strategy and Technology Consultants to the World