Subject: RE: FW: [egov] chair e-gov TC and next steps

Thanks Carl

We have this one in sight over at Liberty's eGov SIG as well.

Cheers

Colin

From: cmattocks@metlife.com
To: egov@lists.oasis-open.org
CC: "Colin Wallis" <colin_wallis@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 12:29:40 -0400

As a focal point the members of the TC may wish to consider participation in DeSeGOV 2007 via a paper or workshop with other OASIS TCs & UN / CEFACT groups

Workshop on “Dependability and Security in e-Government” (DeSeGov 2007), which will be held in conjunction with the Second International Conference on Availability, Reliability and Security (“ARES 2007) at the Vienna University of Technology from April 10 to April 13, 2007

http://www.ares-conference.eu/conf/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8&Itemid=9

Conference
The Second International Conference on Availability, Reliability and Security (“ARES 2007 – The International Security and Dependability Conference”) will bring together researchers and practitioners in the area of IT-Security and Dependability. ARES 2007 will highlight the various aspects of security – with special focus on secure internet solutions, trusted computing, digital forensics, privacy and organizational security issues.
ARES 2007 aims at a full and detailed discussion of the research issues of security as an
integrative concept that covers amongst others availability, safety, confidentiality, integrity,
maintainability and security in the different fields of applications.

Important Dates
  • Workshop Proposal: September, 10th 2006
  • Submission Deadline: November, 19th 2006
  • Author Notification: January, 7th 2007
  • Author Registration: January, 21st 2007
  • Proceedings Version: January, 21st 2007
  • Conference: April, 10th to April 13th, 2007

Carl Mattocks
Consultant : ITIL  Application Knowledge Management
MetLife 732 893 4170

'Always look on the bright side of life' Monty Python

"David RR Webber (XML)" <david@drrw.info>

09/28/2006 10:50 AM

"Colin Wallis" <colin_wallis@hotmail.com>
cc
egov@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject
RE: FW: [egov] chair e-gov TC and next steps

Colin,

Good to know about the Liberty work on eGov.

In addition to maintaining the mailing list for communication - I believe strongly that OASIS needs to
build the focus site - as they have with OpenDocument.

<snip>The new OASIS opendocument site is an excellent example:
 http://opendocument.xml.org/
</snip>

where relevant work is then show cased in a readily accessible manor.  Having to dig into email archives - or trawl the documents section of the TC is not user-friendly enough by comparison.

Instead using RSS feeds makes this a snap to maintain in today's world - as I'm currently doing with http://ebXMLforum.net  - where new items can be added in minutes by the OASIS staffers when TC's announce work and results that are applicable - and RSS readers can pick up on those directly.

Interestingly I presented at the annual PESC for Education Sector professionals (another great eGov area!) - on how easy this is to do for school adminstrators and parents running functions and clubs.

http://www.pesc.org/events/techstandards/third/presentations/Using%20XML%20Scripting%20for%20Business%20and%20Life.ppt

How much is XML making your life easier and effecting how your collaborate with your peers?!?

Cheers, DW