Subject: Re: [ekmi] Re: [Fwd: [user-support] Req #14348 - {redacted}- Cannotaccess issue]

Hi Arshad,

What you point out is why I posted the example. If we wait until
an exploit has been found and publicized, we'll never keep up.
What needs to happen is to see how we can anticipate potential
risks and possible mitigations as we develop new standards like
EKMI. EKMI is not an isolated standard, but one that
inter-operates with other standards. Granted, we can not run all
the shows to assure that they follow best practices, but what we
can do is use cogent examples of how to use EKMI and illustrate
operation with good, real world problems like I forwarded below.

Basically what I want to happen is to grease the wheels of
thinking so they operate more smoothly.

In that vein I'll have a post shortly on a, as yet AFAIK,
unexploited phishing vector that many professionals will likely
fall prey to if we don't watch out. Again this is an exploit that
uses common data that is sent in the clear and stored in the
clear with no easy solutions that I can see, but I've only got
four eyes, and two of them are glass. ;->

Allen