Subject: Re: [ekmi] Request ID or entire request in sksml response

The example of an email usage was just an illustration of possibilities
of transport.  Inline answers:

Arshad Noor wrote:
> Interesting requirement, Anil.  This leads to more questions:
>
> 1) Should SKSML then be sent using SOAP over SMTP, or using just
>    S/MIME?
Are we not relying on ws-security? That will provide the message level
security.

> 2) How should the SKS server respond under the following conditions?
>
>    a) When the mail message is unsigned spam;
>    b) When the mail message is signed spam;
>    c) When the mail message is legitimate SKSML, but signed with
>       an invalid certificate?
What if it is a controlled environment?
> 3) Are there other transports we should be considering besides HTTP
>    and SMTP?
Why tie the spec to any transport?

I do not understand what difficulties arise in sending some id about the
request back in the response :).  I am just looking at usage in an
asynchronous manner such as Async WS.
http://java.sun.com/blueprints/webservices/using/webservbp3.html