election-services-comment message

Subject: RE: [election-services-comment] Public Comment

The issue of failure is absolutely vital to electronic voting systems. The
current work of the Election and Voter Services TC in OASIS is purely to
look at standardizing the interface messages between different parts of the
election and voting environment. At first sight, machine failure does not
appear to be an issue. However, there could potentially be issues that
affect us. For example, what if a system records and relays votes, but fails
before sending its audit message? Perhaps something we should be
considering.

Farah - should this be on the agenda for the next meeting?

Regards

Paul Spencer