Subject: RE: [election-services] OASIS EVS TC: Voting Process TC Spec v1.d oc:510 - Count/Result

Tim
Thanks for raising the query about Reporting Units.  You'll see from the
debate below the "authors" agree that v1 does not adequately cover the
requirement but suggest we deal with it in v2.

As I said at last week's committee meeting we are anxious to get v1 under
our belt so I would prefer to add it as another Outstanding Issue under
Section 1.7 of version 1 and then deal with it in version 2.  In that way we
can continue with the vote on v1 and also come up with an answer in v2,
which should follow on very quickly after v1.

If you are agreeable with this course of action can I ask you to complete
your vote on v1 please.

From: John Ross [mailto:ross@secstan.com]
Sent: 03 May 2002 08:10
To: Paul Spencer; Borras John - Office of the e-Envoy e-Government -;
caoun@election.com
Cc: Choudhury Anwar - Office of the e-Envoy e-Government -
Subject: RE: [election-services] OASIS EVS TC: Voting Process TC Spec
v1.doc: 510 - Count/Result

I agree with Paul,

We should recognise the issue raised by Tim is not adequately version 1 of
EML. We should reply that we believe it is OK if you use version 2 of the
schema 510  (see page 40 of  process document)and ask Tim if he agrees.

All it means is that EML version 2 is needed for US elections.

By the way I believe that  EML version 2 is also required for UK public
elections (i.e. we will want EML version 2)

So who will reply to Tim and the list.

Regards

JR