Subject: Re: OASIS E-VOTING TECHNICAL COMMITTEE

The ballot is now live but for the second time on this ballot the KAVI system has failed to send out the automatic notification!

So will voting members please go the TC website and cast their votes.

Many thanks,
John

John Borras/e-GovernmentUnit/CabinetOffice

17/11/2004 10:08

election-services@lists.oasis-open.org
cc
jamie.clark@oasis-open.org
Subject
OASIS E-VOTING TECHNICAL COMMITTEE

I have just posted a new ballot for version 4 of EML and you will be notified later today when the ballot officially opens.

This re-ballot arises because of two factors.   Firstly to take account of comments received in the first ballot, and secondly because we did not achieve a quorum of votes in the first round.

To address the first point you will find in the zip file attached to the ballot a list of changes that have been made in a file called Changes.doc.  The necessary changes have been made to the schemas but because of expediency at this stage we haven't yet updated the specification documentation. We'll do that over the next few days but I would not wish to hold up the ballot on that account.

To address the second point, all those who are eligible to vote are asked to vote this time because if we don't achieve quorum then that will leave us in a difficult situation.   I would also point out that participating in ballots counts towards your continuing membership status.

And finally I did e-mail you recently with my intention to step down as chair because of a change of job.  I'm pleased to say that I have found a new job that will allow me to continue as chair so unless anyone wants the job(?) I will with your agreement continue.

Regards,
John
The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet (GSi) virus scanning service supplied exclusively by Energis in partnership with MessageLabs.

On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus-free