Subject: Re: [election-services] Re: Defining a trusted voting process

Simon,

Thanks for the confirmation on the "dual-process" method.

I agree that it appears to hold best promise in tackling a
variety of issues and exposing whenever a concerted
manipulation effort is going on.

Remote access to voting I think is mostly beneficial - since
people have to opt for that - eg - if they fear intimidation
they can go to the public voting centers.

But - the advantages of remote voting for voters is clear -
from busy families to disabled or elderly who might not
otherwise vote.  You are right that confirmation mailings
can be a target for tampering - and vulnerable citizens
do need to be made aware of those issues too.

Clearly ensuring secure mail services and delivery
is always important for society.  One option could be
to use banking services as an alternate secure
confirmation delivery service.

Our goal would be to optimise these benefits that
digital voting can bring - without jeapordizing the
value that traditional paper-based ballots have.

DW