Subject: Re: [election-services] Defining a trusted voting process - one disabilities concern

Paul,

Exactly!

I'm definately wanting to have an international process
standard here.  As you say - each country may have
local differences in procedures, but the overall
trusted process and those checks and balances
need to be there in one form or another.

And we need a reference point for solution providers.

Ultimately OASIS cannot be the sole arbitrar on this,
however I feel that OASIS has the right means to put
something together that others are clearly struggling
with - and then promote this to an ISO or similar.

There is an urgent need to get this body of work
done - and we can clearly partner with other groups
that have already done good work - to be able to
collectively do this.  In anycase that adds considerable
weight to our results.

My sense is if we raise a flag here then that will
bring in these other groups that need to contribute
and validate our deliberations.

Thanks, DW