Subject: RE: [election-services] Defining a trusted voting process - one disabilities concern

David,

Have you read the EML documents? This is a start on a viable process. At the
time, we felt we needed a reference process to help us define the schemas.
We also felt that this process would vary a lot internationally. However,
there are certain key points (mainly to do with trust) that can be
standardised on an international basis.

I would love to see the OASIS E&VSTC get involved in this, but I wonder if
OASIS is the right place for this. On the other hand, it could be the only
place that would take a truly international (rather than US-centric) view.
Also, from a personal view, having spent a considerable time helping get EML
to the stage it is, I would like any new initiative to use it.

Regards

Paul Spencer

"The information in this email is confidential and may be legally
privileged.  It is intended solely for the addressee. If you receive this
email by mistake please notify the sender and delete it immediately.
Opinions expressed are those of the individual and do not necessarily
represent the opinion of the Local e-Government Standards Body. All sent and
received email from the Local e-Government Standards Body is automatically
scanned for the presence of computer viruses and security issues."