Subject: RE: [election-services] Defining a trusted voting process - one disabilities concern

Charbel,

There are two possible uses for the extensions. One is for them to be agreed
for a specific election, and for all those concerned to use them. This keeps
interoperability. The other is for a specific supplier/consortium to adopt
extensions for its own use. This may prevent interoperability in terms of
being able to swap out one part of the system.

Without getting into specific cases here, that is not to say that the second
is never correct.

Regards

Paul