Subject: Updated Trusted Logic Voting with EML 4.0

Team,

Received some input from one of the IEEE P1622
team members today - refinements and clarifications
- especially around details of the US vote process.

I re-posted the materials -
http://drrw.net/backup/Trusted-Logic-Voting-Systems-with-EML40.pdf
and
http://drrw.net/backup/Trusted%20Logic%20Voting%20with%20OASIS%20EML%204.ppt

accordingly.

Also - references to their work:

http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/scc38/1622/p1622_documents.htm

and this paper - which I think gives excellent level of details that could
find its way into a future revision of EML:

http://gnosis.cx/publish/voting/privacy-electronic-voting.pdf

Two nits with the PDF would be - I'd prefer to keep clear
of stipulating any kind of hardware or setup requirements;
yes - I expect trusted logic voting to work with off-the-shelf
gear - but would not want to exclude other options.
And I like what they've done with ballot-ID - the only
caveat I have there - is I prefer some kind of simple
scheme that the voter can grok - to prevent hidden
encoding compromising a ballot in some way.
e.g. a code system like AAA-BB-2152354 where
each segment of the code has a known purpose and
is better than something like: A45gWE67KhjDD23

Other than that - everything else looks in alignment.
I like the term "EBI" electronic ballot imaging - excellent.

Let me know what else you find with the latest draft?

Enjoy, DW