Subject: FW: FW: MODERNISING ELECTIONS / 30th and 31st March 2006 - Courthouse Hotel Kempinski, London

You'll see from the information below and this link, http://www.event-solutions.info/pages/event.asp?ecode=SR1001  , that I was lined up to give a key speech at this very important conference.  I've told the organisers that I've had to step down as chair and one of the TC members would step in for me!!  So who's up for it?  This is an excellent opportunity to bang the drum very loudly within Europe for EML.  They'll pay your expenses I believe.

Please let the organiser, Natalia.Krawczyk@informa.com , know if you will sub for me.

From: Nicole.Lewis@informa.com [mailto:Nicole.Lewis@informa.com]
Sent: 26 January 2006 13:49
To: Borras, John

Dear Mr Borras,

MODERNISING ELECTIONS

Implementing e-voting to increase efficiency, security and participation

 30th and 31st March 2006 – Courthouse Hotel Kempinski, London

Further to your recent correspondence with Natalia Krawczyk, I would like to thank you for agreeing to take part in the above conference, which is due to take place in London in March.

Attached is a Speaker's Checklist - please complete and return it to me as soon as possible.  I am managing the co-ordination of the conference and will be your main contact from now on.  Also, attached is a PDF of the brochure - you will be sent some paper copies in the post.

* WRITTEN PRESENTATION:

Please send your written paper and presentation to me by Monday 6th March 2006 in order that it can be copied and bound for distribution to delegates at registration - it will also be available after the event. If you do not have the time to prepare a full written paper, please could you let us have a summary of your paper (at least one whole page) as delegates do complain if they only receive copies of the PowerPoint/overhead slides.  Please do try and include as many references as possible.   Please e-mail your paper to me at Nicole.lewis@informa.com

*  Hard copies of any PowerPoint slides/overhead transparencies you intend showing must be submitted, for inclusion in the documentation.

* FURTHER INFORMATION REGARDING THE CONFERENCE:

About two weeks before the conference I will write with final administrative details (including a list of delegates who have booked onto the event).  In the meantime I would be grateful if you could pass a brochure on to any of your colleagues/clients who might be interested in attending.  As well as the brochures I will also send you 3 VIP Vouchers, which may be used by your colleagues/contacts to receive a discount off the conference fee.  You will automatically be registered to attend the conference as our guest.

* COURSE MARKETING:

We would be grateful if you could complete the attached Marketing Survey and return it as soon as possible.  To ensure we achieve a comprehensive delegation we would appreciate it if you could send us lists of your contacts and clients in order that we can make them aware of this event at which you will be making a major contribution.  Alternatively attached to this e-mail is a copy of the Conference Brochure - please feel free to e-mail it to those who you feel would be interested in attending.

* VENUE: The venue details are:

Courthouse Hotel Kempinski, 19 – 21 Great Marlborough Street, W1F 7HL London, Tel: +44 (0)20 7297 5555

If you have any queries please do call me on 020 7017 5659. Natalia Krawczyk, and I are looking forward to seeing you in March.

Kind regards,

Nicole Lewis
Conference Co-ordinator

T&F Events / IBC Global Conferences
part of informa Group plc

Direct Tel: +44 (0) 20 7017 5659
Fax: +44 (0) 20 7017 4121
E-mail: nicole.lewis@informa.com

Address: Haines House, 21 John Street, London, WC1N 2BP

Find out more about T&F Events on the web, click: <http://www.tandfevents.com/pages.asp?bod=events&page=1&src="nlsig>

Find out more about Safety & Nuclear events on the web, click: <http://www.safetyevents.com/pages.asp?bod=events&page=1&src="nlsig>

The information contained in this email message may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, interference with, disclosure or copying of this material is unauthorised and prohibited. Although this message and any attachments are believed to be free of viruses, no responsibility is accepted by Informa for any loss or damage arising in any way from receipt or use thereof. Messages to and from the company are monitored for operational reasons and in accordance with lawful business practices.
If you have received this message in error, please notify us by return and delete the message and any attachments. Further enquiries/returns can be sent to postmaster@informa.com

"The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you receive this email by mistake please notify the sender and delete it immediately. Opinions expressed are those of the individual and do not necessarily represent the opinion of the Local e-Government Standards Body. All sent and received email from the Local e-Government Standards Body is automatically scanned for the presence of computer viruses and security issues."