Subject: Re: [election-services] EML60Analysis

David,

I looked at the EML-v6-dictionary-full.xml file when I began my inquiry, but I decided for flexibility and precision to process the xsd file directly.

I apologize if my original posting wasn't clear.  The actual analysis results are contained in the zip file that was attached to my posting; the pdf file was just a cover letter to give people a high-level overview.  The 47 names that are used in different way in different contexts each have their own detail file in the results/nameAnalysis directory of the zip file.  In each file, the exact file and line number of each occurrence of the name in question is documented.

As an example, I attached the proposer.txt detail file to this message.  This file indicates where the 3 occurrences of the element "Proposer" are defined.  Two of the occurrences are defined as anonymous complex types and their text definitions are copied directly into the file.  EML60Analysis hashed these definitions and one can clearly see that the two anonymous definitions are identical.  This is a case where the analysis detected a duplicate definition.  What we do about it, of course, is a separate matter.

I hope this answers your concern about manually chasing down a multitude of occurrences.  I wouldn't be much of a programmer if couldn't get a machine to do that kind of grunt work!

Regards,
Rich