Subject: Re: [election-services] Election Counting Method types (Joe's action item)

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 9:21 AM, David RR Webber (XML) <david@drrw.info> wrote:
> Joe,
> Someone volunteered you to assist with list of election counting methods!
> Here's what I have so far in schemaeze.  Is this enough for now?

Someone remind me how I was to improve on that list?  Was it intended
to be a culling of the list?  Also, I suspect "Board Count Method" is
"Borda Count Method". ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borda_count )
Let me know how I can help.

I risk splitting the coherence of this thread, but: I've been talking
with Neal McBurnett who commented on the auditing pieces of v6 and
felt that some of his comments weren't fully understood/incorporated.
I thought that was strange as I had remembered the only comments we
outright rejected were due to very niche vote counting algorithms that
didn't seem to have any actual use in US (or otherwise) elections.
Anyway, I'll try and get that in our queue soon too... best, Joe

--
Joseph Lorenzo Hall
ACCURATE Postdoctoral Research Associate