Subject: Re: [election-services] OASIS NIST UOCAVA Submission

Following a very busy set of exchanges yesterday I’ve captured in the attached the consensus of the discussions – I hope!

Just to re-state the line we should be taking IMO is not one of campaigning for and evangelizing evoting but confining ourselves to just saying we’ve got the technical tools for whatever you want to do Mr Election Official.  Having said that however we do not support any manipulation of EML to  support bad/poor systems/practices so we need to point/persuade NIST to the good practices in our experiences.

Can I have any final text edits by Monday please and bear in mind that there is a 5 page limit for the submission so there’s not much room to include a lot of additional material.

John

OASIS NIST UOCAVA Submission.pdf

OASIS NIST UOCAVA Submission.doc