emergency-adopt-docs message

Subject: Groups - Patrick: Looking over the email and comparing the bpel and dita sites for similar websites. We should keep it simple and focused, if possible on end-uses, e.g. application category: Web EOC, Eteam or CAP for sirens, radio transmitters, etc. Rex: We should go by standards first, then have dropdown list into what we choose for categories. Patrick: trying to figure out what the groupings of filters should be. Drupal DB interface needs to be considered. Rex: We need to look at end user e.g. local jurisdictions" needs Patrick: CAP for specific categories, earthquake, tsunami? Not sure Patrick is a device-specific market a function of CAP or is it a function of vendor software? Is it a specification specific concerns, e.g. we do this and this but we don't do cell phones. Patrick: Comments by Vendors in Interop Demos: we've proven our devices are interoperable but OASIS doesn't give us a way to show that they support interoperability. Rex: We start with CAP and we emphasiZe interoperability. Patrick: That gets us to the two stages: Specification and Interoperability Conformance Level-Registration on OASIS site. Werner: A different direction, based on filters you get various products, so how do we compare products, Patrick: Comparison is a headache that gets out of date quickly. Person who adds a listing must maintain the list of features. Patrick: One level of conformance is an OASIS Interop Demonstration, a registration in self declaration that they support the standard. =?UTF-8?B?CQkJCQkJCQkJIFBhdHJpY2s6IE5leHQgbGV2ZWwgaXMgbGlzdGluZyBpbiBV?= =?UTF-8?B?UyBSZXNwb25kZXIgS25vd2xlZGdlIEJhc2UgKFVTUktCKSAgIFBhdHJpY2s6?= =?UTF-8?B?IE5leHQgTGV2ZWwgaXMgVVMgTklNUyBTVEVQIEV2YWx1dGF0aW9uLiAoQ0FQ?= =?UTF-8?B?LUlQQVdTIGNvbWluZyBuZXh0KSAgUGF0cmljazogSWYgdGhlcmUgYXJlIG90?= =?UTF-8?B?aGVyIDNyZCBQYXJ0eSBUZXN0aW5nLCB3ZSBjYW4gbGlzdCB0aGF0IG9uY2Ug?= =?UTF-8?B?dmV0dGVkIHdpdGggdmVyc2lvbiBiYXNlZCBiZW5jaG1hcmtpbmcuIChEcmFm?= =?UTF-8?B?dC1BZ2VuZGEtRU1BZG9wdC1Db2xsYXRlcmFsJmFtcDtEb2MtU0MtMDEtMTgt?= =?UTF-8?B?MjAxMC5kb2MpIHVwbG9hZGVk?=

The document named Patrick: Looking over the email and comparing the bpel
and dita sites for similar websites.  We should keep it simple and focused,
if possible on end-uses, e.g. application category: Web EOC, Eteam or CAP
for sirens, radio transmitters, etc.   Rex: We should go by standards
first, then have dropdown list into what we choose for categories.
Patrick: trying to figure out what the groupings of filters should be.
Drupal DB interface needs to be considered.   Rex: We need to look at end
user e.g. local jurisdictions" needs  Patrick: CAP for specific categories,
earthquake, tsunami? Not sure  Patrick is a device-specific market a
function of CAP or is it a function of vendor software? Is it a
specification specific concerns, e.g. we do this and this but we don't do
cell phones.  Patrick: Comments by Vendors in Interop Demos: we've proven
our devices are interoperable but OASIS doesn't give us a way to show that
they support interoperability.  Rex: We start with CAP and we emphasiZe
interoperability.  Patrick: That gets us to the two stages: Specification
and Interoperability Conformance Level-Registration on OASIS site.  Werner:
A different direction, based on filters you get various products, so how do
we compare products,   Patrick: Comparison is a headache that gets out of
date quickly. Person who adds a listing must maintain the list of features.
 Patrick: One level of conformance is an OASIS Interop Demonstration, a
registration in self declaration that they support the standard.
Patrick: Next level is listing in US Responder Knowledge Base (USRKB)
Patrick: Next Level is US NIMS STEP Evalutation. (CAP-IPAWS coming next)
Patrick: If there are other 3rd Party Testing, we can list that once vetted
with version based benchmarking.
(Draft-Agenda-EMAdopt-Collateral&Doc-SC-01-18-2010.doc) has been
submitted by Rex Brooks* to the Emergency Management Adoption Collateral &
Documents SC document repository.

Document Description:

View Document Details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=35964