emergency-adopt-events message

Subject: Events & Demos Working Notes-HL7-CAP Workshop-IAEM

Hi Everyone,

In addition to Elysa's notes, I want to start a thread we can use to work together on our upcoming projects, starting with the demo to be presented at the HL7 Birds of a Feather (BOF) meeting.

Please reply-all to keep everyone in conversation.Please add details inline where you can.

  • Scenario: Mass Casualty Event
    • please replace this bullet with details
    • please replace this bullet with details
  • Scene focus: Hangar at airport for triage of incoming ambulances from incident
    • Show use of EDXL-HAVE (v1.0, 2.0?) for local hospital availabilities
  • Show Use of networking hub
    • Show use of EDXL-TEP v1.1 wrapped in EDXL-DE v1.0
    • please replace this bullet with details
  • Transport of triaged patients to Hospital
    • Show Use of EDXL-TEP v1.1-HL7Message at Hospital
    • Tim is working on setting up call with TN (Jeff Sexton) and MD John Donahue who are using the same vendor s/w and could use TEP to do the tracking.
    • Then show mapping maybe just mandatory elements to hospital mock up.

 What do we want from the Collateral & Documents Mtg next Tues (prior to Events & Demos)?

  • Existing materials that need to be updated
    • EDXL Product Sheet 2-sided with vendors
    • EDXL Video needs OASIS staff help but we supply needed changes to script, Powerpoint slides
    • please replace this bullet with details
  • We also want to highlight use cases of multiple info blocks at the CAP Workshop so we want a Powerpoint slide for that purpose (also for C & D mtg) Can be words only:
    • What are the uses of Multiple Info Blocks?
      • Multiple languages,
      • Multiple Geographic areas (such as changing paths/expiration of severe storms per area—tornadoes; Protective Action Zones for chemical releases—shelter in place v. evacuation--where speed of alerting is imperative)
      • please replace this bullet with details

Thanks,

Rex

--
Rex Brooks