emergency-adopt-events message

Subject: RE: [emergency-adopt-events] HL7-BOF-Call for Participation Bullet Points

I’m working on something along those lines now…

May I add Jeff Sexton and John Donohue?  Jeff and John and their systems providers participated in all the exercises and past efforts to move the standards forward.  Jeff is also technically under HHS-State of TN, and knows the lingo and hot buttons very well.

r/Tim
703.304.4829

From: emergency-adopt-events@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:emergency-adopt-events@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of rexbroo
Sent: Thursday, August 04, 2016 4:08 PM
To: Dee Schur <dee.schur@oasis-open.org>; 'Elysa Jones' <elysajones@yahoo.com>; emergency-adopt-events@lists.oasis-open.org; 'Darrell O'Donnell' <darrell.odonnell@continuumloop.com>; 'Thomas Ferrentino' <tferrentino@verizon.net>; scott.m.robertson@kp.org; 'Carol Geyer' <carol.geyer@oasis-open.org>

Good points, Dee,

I hope Tim and Patti can give this some thought today. They've been at the heart of this effort from the beginning and throughout, so have  better appreciation of it than I do.

That said, my $.02 is that the key problem the spec addresses in a crisis/disaster is Tracking Emergency Patients (TEP).

TEP is about keeping the information about a patient with the patient as she or he transits from incident to triage to field treatment to transport to hospital and on from there. the transformation from TEP to HL7 starts during this transit and is completed at hospital.

One key element of this is the collaboration between OASIS and HL7 which like the TEP-HL7 data transformation requires cooperation to allow this to happen.

Hopefully those closer to the scenario and presentation can help flesh this out.

Cheers,

Rex