emergency-cap-profiles message

Subject: Re: [emergency-cap-profiles] info block rationale

> languages seems fairly uncontroversial, but I suspect some delivery
> systems may not want to buffer delayed-onset alert-segments in their own
> systems

The issue of delayed messages isn't just a multi-info block issue.  I had raised this point in my comments to the EAS profile group and had intended to again raise this issue when we got to the info block time elements in the crosswalk document.  So I think it could be resolved in general and will therefore trickle down to other use cases like multi-info.

> We'll see, but personally I don't think it would be unreasonable to ask
> originators to create separate CAP messages for distinct audiences
> (language excepted).  And I think life might be a lot easier for

Distinct audiences, ie areas/responses, is a very common occurrance.  I'm not sure how the burden is different processing 3 distinct messages, versus 1 message with 3 info blocks.  If anything the burden is higher since you must have some way to associate the 3 distinct messages as being part of the same event, track updates/cancels independently, and run the risk of message overlap and conflicting instructions.

--
jake@jpw.biz