emergency-cap message

Subject: RE: [emergency-cap] Groups - CAP Extensibility Options uploaded

Hi Steve,

Thank you for the good work you have done on this document and the effort to layout the options going forward to include more structured data in CAP.  I encourage all members in the EM-TC to comment on the list and on your document posted in Kavi.  It may be a little more awkward but will ensure that your comments are protected under your signed IPR agreement with OASIS concerning our TC.

As to the comments that come in from the Google site, I’m concerned that contributions may be made that could ultimately wind up in a specification for which someone might try to extract royalties at a later time.  Perhaps Google has protection from that in the posting of comments/corrections/changes on your site?  Maybe it is ok if Google collects these comments and submits the redline under their OASIS membership IPR agreement?  I’m copying Chet (TC Admin) and Jamie (Legal Counsel) so they can weigh in as appropriate.

Thanks again for your great support and work on CAP!

Cheers,

Elysa

From: emergency-cap@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:emergency-cap@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Steve Hakusa
Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 9:50 PM
To: emergency-cap@lists.oasis-open.org

Submitter's message
Hello CAP-SC members,

I took an action item from the July 8, 2013 CAP-SC meeting to try to summarize our discussion on CAP extensibility options and explore security implications. The goal of creating this doc is to facilitate discussion outside of our bi-weekly meeting, more quickly reach a consensus, and allow the committee to use its valuable meeting time on other CAP-SC business.

The full document has been uploaded to the CAP-SC document list, but if you have comments (and a Google account), it may be faster to provide those comments directly in the live version, which can be found here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/10s_wB4xT3pw_cHY6jNiiTjn5N2pa_dbzCWgcAafnfS4/edit Please use that version if possible.

Thanks!
Steve Hakusa

-- Mr. Steve Hakusa

Document Name: CAP Extensibility Options

Description
This document is intended to summarize use cases and requirements for
expressing system-specific data inside the Common Alerting Protocol. It
was written following a presentation on Hierarchical Structured Data in CAP
delivered to the Common Alerting Protocol Implementation Workshop in Geneva
on April, 2013.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Mr. Steve Hakusa