emergency-comment message

Subject: Profile Draft Question

** High Priority **

Rex -

I recall us doing quite a bit of work to see if we could avoid that, as it runs counter to the basic interoperability goal of having a single consistent CAP message that can drive all systems.  So this would seem to be a departure from the intent of the SC as well as being inconsistent with the data dictionary in section 2.

The SC approved a set of tables for referral to the TC, so I assume this may have been simply an editorial cut-and-paste accident.  This is an example of why I think we may want to focus as tightly as possible on working through the substantive issues before we add a lot of ancillary text that could create confusion.

- Art