emergency-if message

Subject: EDXL-DE Routing Basics WhitePaper

I finally have the EDXL-DE Routing paper to the point I feel comfortable sharing it for review. It is a substantial paper (30 pages so far) but I felt it was necessary to be comprehensive and capture all the routing issues we often talk about. Terminology is always a problem so I have adopted the terms used in the very popular book Enterprise Integration Patterns: Designing, Building, and Deploying Messaging Solutions by Gregor Hohpe and Bobby Woolf. These terms, description text, and illustrations, are available under creative commons which I feel makes the paper much easier to follow. It is too late to expect feedback on the next infrastructure call but my goal was to get the material into people’s hands with sufficient time for review and discussion at the Face to Face meetings next week. It is my hope that these descriptions can be combined with the use cases to quickly reach a common understanding of the issues we are discussing, particularly with respect to EDXL-DE 2.0.

Feedback is always appreciated.

-hans

--

Hans Jespersen

Principal Systems Engineer

Solace Systems Inc.

2051 Landings Drive, Mountain View, CA 94043

Phone: (650) 924-2670

hans.jespersen@solacesystems.com

http://www.solacesystems.com

EDXL-DE-Routing-Basics-WhitePaper-06212010.doc