Subject: RE: [emergency-msg] ICS form req's draft

Title: RE: [emergency-msg] ICS form req's draft

I certainly am not an expert on ICS, but it may be worthwhile for the experts on ICS within the subcommittee to go through the exercise of identifying the common data elements between the referenced elements in CAP and those of the ICS forms (not just ICS Form 201).  This will determine the extent to which we can re-use existing CAP components, and more importantly, what ICS form provides us with the most bang for the buck.

Walid

-----Original Message-----
From: Art Botterell [mailto:acb@incident.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2003 8:00 AM
To: emergency-msg@lists.oasis-open.org

At 10:02 PM -0400 7/14/03, Allen Wyke wrote:

>I think you are making it a "requirement" (as defined by supporting

>MUSTs and SHOULDs) without meaning too.

No, I definitely meant to.  I'm suggesting that the

message-management capabilities supported by the referenced elements

in CAP would be equally useful in the IB message... and that it would

be more appropriate to reuse existing components than to reinvent the

wheel.  If SHOULD and MUST mean essentially the same thing in this

context then please feel free to read this proposal as a MUST.

>Don't get me wrong, I would love for CAP to be part of ICS, but I would

>caution the approach for v1.0.

That's not what's proposed.  The proposal is merely that a particular

set of elements that also are used in CAP... those that provide for

message identification and management... are equally applicable to,

and can be reused in, the ICS messages.

- Art