[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: RE: [emergency-msg] Confusion about RM location elements
The structure of these elements haven’t been finalized, so the discrepancies persist.
You’re message caused me to pause and look seriously at the structure of these elements for the first time. I’ve never really stopped to “think” about what these structures should be. After taking a fresh look at this, I have a few suggestions for all of you to consider. I’ve attached is a suggestion on the structure of the ContactInformation and Location elements. A few key points are listed below:
1) I suggest that we eliminate the “CIQInformation” element as a complex structure. We can add a single sub-element to the ContactInformation element (e.g. OtherContactInfo) of type ciq:xcil that can contain any of the CIQ name, address, or other “party” information data.
2) The LocationType structure would include the three conditional elements: LocationDescription (xsd:string), Address (ciq:xal), and TargetArea (geo-oasis:where).
Let me know what you think. If everyone agrees, I will clean up the document before releasing a new version with Rex’s updated ERMs.
Patti Iles Aymond, PhD
8555 United Plaza Blvd. Suite 100
From: Karen Robinson
I’m in the process of updating the RM message schemas and examples, and checking consistency with the latest version of the matrix and data dictionary. I’m confused about the location elements. The data dictionary lists the sub-elements of Location as being:
- ExplicitAddress (with sub-elements ExplicitAddressScheme & ExplicitAddressValue – both strings)
- TargetArea (with sub-elements Circle, Polygon, Country, Subdivision, LocCodeUN – all strings)
However, I was previously under the impression that we were using a combination of CIQ addresses and the OASIS GML profile? The CommonTypes schema lists the following as the sub-elements of Location:
- CIQInformation (with sub-elements Party and Address – probably only Address is needed in this context)
- geo-oasis:where (with sub-elements Point, LineString, Polygon & Envelope)
Could somebody please clarify for me the latest decision about these elements? In my opinion, if we are using CIQ for addresses in the ContactInformation package, we should stick with CIQ addresses for Location, for the sake of consistency. Also, representing circles, polygons, etc. with strings does not seem like a good solution. The alternative is to use the OASIS GML profile – however this has errors in it and does not seem to have been updated for a while (does anyone know what is happening with this?).
IEM CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION PLEASE READ OUR NOTICE: