Subject: RE: Rewrite of Section 1.3--Issue 9 (on IssuesList from start)

I have made a few editorial changes (see the attachment).

***

Notice the yellow highlight.  I have an issue with the normative status of
the geo-oasis:WhereType (see issue #562 in the issues list).  In my view,
the geo-oasis schema needs to be specified as an integral normative part of
some OASIS standard (it could be HAVE or RM).  Both HAVE and RM seem to
treat the geo-oasis schema as an external specification but I haven't found
any referenceable standard that contains it.  Perhaps the intent was to
regard the geo-oasis XSD schema (published on the OASIS website) as a
normative thing, but I don't think that is acceptable unless it is
incorporated and completely specified in a standard.  (This is the essence
of issue #562.)

Alessandro

AT on EDXL-RM-Section1.3Rewrite.doc