Subject: Additional Changes Suggested by Alessandro

Hi Everyone,

Alessandro has suggested some additional changes which occured to him
while doing his action items but which did not occur during our
face-to-face meetings. I expect we will accept these, but to save
time, I am doing two versions of the complete specification that
includes all the changes we did decide to do: one with all of
Alessandro's suggestions and one without. That way, whatever we
decide, completing our work will still be expedited.

I will also summarize the substantive changes, not the additional
proofreading errors he caught:

1: In every bulleted rules section, Alessandro suggests removing the
the repetitions of EDXL in the message name, e.g. RequestResource
MessageID replaces EDXLRequestResource MessageID.

This is a fairly extensive amount of work but has no impact on the
way the spec works and reduces sheer repetition.

2: In every xml message schema and xml example the word 'Message' is
deleted from the message name, e.g. <RequestResource xmlns="http...">
replaces <RequestResourceMessage xmlns="http...">

This is also a fairly extensive amount of work but has no impact on
the way the spec works and reduces sheer repetition. It may result in
a tiny bit of improved performance.

Regardless, you all won't notice any greater length of time for
getting this puppy out the door, unless you count the time it takes
me to prepare both versions, which is negligible.

However, I still don't have the EDXL-DE explanation that will include
and replace the current Section 5 which now becomes Section 5
Conformance. I also don't recall where we said we would put that
explanation except that it is intended to be earlier in the document,
perhaps in Section 1?

I also don't have the dynamically updated Figure and Table Captions
and the corrected Figure 3. (I can actually do this or learn how from
MS Help, and I will unless I receive these between now and the time I
finish these versions. I will do these last.

I will have the latest versions ready in a few hours.