Subject: Resource Management Schema validation

I checked the RM Schemas and the examples from Revision 12 on-by-one.  I did
not find an error.  I have attached the example in one zip and the schemas
in the second.  The RM schemas and examples are EXACTLY as cut and pasted
from the ACTUAL document, so there should be no difference.

There is still the potential for an issue with CIQ.  The schema zip file
contains CIQ schemas that work correctly with our examples. They do not 100%
match CIQ 3.0 specification due to name space conflicts over x-link with the
geo-oasis schemas (also included).  As a result we used the version of CIQ
that was released for HAVE in which the namespace issues were resolved ....
except...... our examples did not validate against that version either.
Although the schemas appeared to validate, MS Visual Studio ran into
reference (null pointer) errors when validating the actual examples.  When
the schemas were loaded into Architag International's X-ray product, schema
errors were identified by that product at the exact point that the null
reference errors were occurring in MS Studio validation. So Alessandro made
some minor adjustments to CIQ as released for HAVE that correct these
errors. (The adjustments should not affect HAVE in any way.  They might
actually correct potential bugs there as well.)

So the schemas include the corrected version of the CIQ as released with
HAVE.

Discussions are ongoing with Ram Kumar from the CIQ committee. To this point
he has not been able to reproduce the errors we saw with the tool set that
he is using.  I am not exactly sure just why.  At any rate I will be
identifying the specific changes we made to the XAL Schema to Ram. Perhaps
they were put into 3.0 already but were not in the HAVE version which was a
little earlier.  The namespace conflict would have masked the possibility.
So, changes to our CIQ schemas before final release are possible, as we work
things out with Ram, but they should in no way affect there work that has
been done, nor should they affect the RM specification document itself. We
may just need to update the CIQ schemas in the zip file once all issues are
resolved.

Respectfully,

Gary A. Ham
http://grandpaham.com