Subject: RE: [emergency] CAP and DDoS

Emergency managers have been waiting since the '70s for an ideal
armor-plated communications infrastructure... much longer than that
if we consider the civil defense/military precursors to modern
emergency management.  Even if such a virtual Maginot Line is
possible... and there's both historical and theoretical evidence to
suggest that it may not be... we've waited a couple of decades
already and suffered many terrible losses.

The integrated-diversity model is a viable, demonstrated,
theoretically sound and... most important... already-deliverable
approach to the problems of reliability.  While we certainly want to
see improvements in the infrastructure... and our Infrastructure
Subcommittee has already been working on that problem for almost a
year now... that's no excuse not to do what we can to enhance public
safety and homeland security in the meantime.

- Art