Subject: Re: [emergency] EDXL Target Areas for device coded recipients

Following on my previous... Kon's specific example refers to groups
of one or more devices.  That seems like it might be addressed either
by explicit addressing using <recipientAddress> or a keyword
reference rather than by using the <targetArea> structure.  After
all, a device or set of devices only indirectly describes an area...
a device might be moved without changing its identity.

Of course, there are many situations where we might want to send a
message to "every device of class X within geospatial area Y" without
necessarily knowing ahead of time which particular devices fell in
that class at that time.  That's where <targetArea>, possibly in
concert with a keyword, would apply.

- Art