Subject: Re: [emergency] Proposal to extend the EDXL TargetArea to allowmore flexible targeting/filtering/content routing

On Wed, 2005-06-01 at 10:14 +1000, Renato Iannella wrote:
> What about <targetAddress> to mirror <targetArea> (and perhaps even
> <targetKeyword>)

This would solve my use case scenarios (and real world use). It would
help clarify when someone is using the keyword field to target reception
and filtering of data. David brought up a similar issue on the call with
tracking headers and creating a high-level content delivery chain.

Specifically, if I use a bunch of the keyword fields for targeting and
some for other purposes, how would anyone looking at the EDXL XML file
know what is going on i.e. which keywords are the content routing path
and which are not? It also creates clutter in the document.

Compartmentalizing it is logical. Plus, it keeps targetArea
geospatial-only.

Cheers
Kon