Subject: Fwd: RE: EDXL-Reference Information Model

Hi Everyone, Renato,

I am forwarding to the TC list Karen's reply to the message I sent
out last week to Karen and Renato and this list, and copying Renato.
I haven't heard back yet from Renato, but I did want to let the TC
know that I hope we can have a Requirements Document ready for the
Face-to-Face.

I want to take this opportunity to anticipate what I think may well
be the central discussion around which specific topics will be
addressed.

I think we will have two primary lines of thought wrt the EDXL-RIM:

1: Defining Abstract Concepts (with Reference URLs where appropriate)
for Common Components:
	EDXL-DE Dependency;
	ValueListTypes with Keywords (hopefully using XMDR and ISO 11179 NDR);
	geo-oasis: Where for TargetArea - Location citing
OpenGeospatial Consoritum GML;
	ContactInformation  using CIQ;
	Scheduling Types reusing what we have developed for EDXL-RM;
	Conceptual Conformance to DRM 2.0 as feasible;
	Conceptual Conforimance to NIEM as feasible;
2: Abstract Information Modeling:
	Hierarchical DOM-like Modeling of Information Structure;
		EDXL-DE Message Routing;
		Security and Non-Repudiation;
		Individual Specification Content Payload;
	Message Exchange Patterns;
	More

I would expect that the structure of the RIM will resemble the
EDXL-RM Information Model Renato contributed to the Document
Repository 2006-07-26
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/emergency-msg/download.php/19357/EDXL-RM-Info-Model-2006-07-26.pdf