Subject: Re: [emergency] Groups - Special EM-TC Telecon Meetingcancelled

Elysa, I've spoken to several folks who were on today's DHS "Practitioner Working Group" (PWG) call and who came away with the impression that the OASIS comment period would begin later this week.  As you point out, that's not possible.  Do you (or anyone else who might have been on that call) have any idea where they might have gotten that idea?

Also... it appears that DHS contractors have been conducting their own comment cycle within the PWG based on the original IPAWS requirement document from December... that's a bit confusing, but what really got me concerned is that there seems to have been a suggestion that some or all of those comments would be submitted to OASIS as part of our comment process, even though they relate to an entirely different document.  Do you (or again, anyone) have any insight into that?

- Art

Art Botterell, Manager
Community Warning System
Contra Costa County Office of the Sheriff
50 Glacier Drive
Martinez, California 94553
(925) 313-9603
fax (925) 646-1120
>>> <ejones@warningsystems.com> 02/10/09 4:09 PM >>>
I'm sorry if you called in for this meeting, I did a "cancel" on the
meeting earlier today but it seems to have not gone out as it still appears
in Kavi.  Therefore I am doing another cancel for the record.

The reason the call was canceled is that the CAP Profiles SC agreed in
their meeting this morning on the two points such in questions.  Now the TC
will not be requested to make a decision on these two points alone.  The
Committee Draft will reflect the decision of the SC and then put to the TC
for a vote as part of the normal process and at the time of our next
regularly scheduled meeting Feb 17.

Many thanks to you all for being patient and flexible as we try to meet a
difficult timeline.

 -- Mrs. Elysa Jones

Special EM-TC Telecon Meeting has been cancelled by Mrs. Elysa Jones