Subject: Re: [emergency] FEMA IPAWS Note on CAP Profile

> Following a request from the FEMA IPAWS Program, I am forwarding the
> below statement.

Thanks for this.  I'd like to summarize how I understand appendix B fitting into this statement, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Essentially, due to the tight timelines, there is a comment process underway for the original requirements document that is not yet complete.  The Oasis process was started before this was done in order to meet the tight timelines.  The plan is to use the Oasis comment period to merge both comment periods by including all of the comments to the original requirements document, despite the documents being different.  So in effect 2 sets of comments for 2 different documents using 1 process.  This is why the requirements document is being added to the profile in its entirety, contrary to normal TC practice.

I assume that at the end of the 60 day comment period, as part of addressing comments, the next draft of the profile will remove appendix B since the need to comment on both documents will no longer be necessary, and it will return to being just a reference.

If this is the plan, perhaps some wording should be added to the beginning of appendix B to help clear things up and prevent any confusion as to the role of appendix B both now and in future drafts.

--
jake@jpw.biz