Subject: Small personal update: RE: [emergency] FEMA IPAWS Note on CAPProfile

Hi Folks,

I just wanted to let you all know that I have managed to miss a
couple of messages from this list over the last couple of days. As
far as I can tell from cursorily checking the message archives, I
only missed messages from Art Botterell and Patti Aymond on Tuesday,
17 Feb 2009. I occasionally have had this problem in the past, and it
is difficult to tell how it happens, but I will just assume that I
inadvertently deleted these messages before I read them.

However, I did want to correct the record because in Art's message
from the archive:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/emergency/email/archives/200902/msg00047.html

he says

"Friends -

In the course of today's Emergency Management TC meeting a DHS
representative expressed the opinion that OASIS is under a
contractual obligations to expedite the processing of the IPAWS
profile over and above the OASIS TC Process.  As we've been unable to
obtain a copy of that contract, and considering that the numerous
OASIS staff who were taking an active part in our meeting didn't
appear to contradict that claim, I guess we have to assume that it's
true.

Therefore I'm forced, reluctantly, to the conclusion that this
process is seriously compromised by conflicts of interest.  I have
asked that my name be removed from the list of editors of the IPAWS
draft and I will be considering whether renewing my agency's OASIS
membership would be in the best interests of the people of Contra
Costa County.

- Art

In the normal course of affairs I would have replied that as a
subcontractor to OASIS in this effort, I had not been informed of any
obligation to expedite the IPAWS profile "over and above the OASIS TC
Process." In fact, in a separate message to the oasis-board-comment
list, Sunday 15 Feb 2009, I made the statement that "To the best of
my knowledge the TC Process is being followed."

I suspect we may have differing understandings of what constitutes
"over and above the OASIS TC Process" but that is not what I am
addressing. I am simply saying that I have not been informed in any
way by any representative of OASIS or DHS S&T to explicitly expedite
the IPAWS profile over and above OASIS TC Process. I don't recall the
exact wording of Art's question or the response, but I did not take
the exchange in the TC meeting Tuesday 17 Feb 2009 as constituting
such instructions.