Subject: HITSP Dropping EDXL-HAVE? Fwd: [regrep] HHS and ebXML / ISO15000

Hi Folks,

Below is the message I caught from David Webber on Sat. Jan. 24.
Sorry we didn't get back to this sooner, but we have all been busy.
The link in the message below, repeated here
<http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2009/pdf/E9-1068.pdf>http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2009/pdf/E9-1068.pdf
downloads the pdf of the Federal Register entry in question.

I double checked and actually found a reference to (HAVE) without
EDXL at the bottom of column 1 and top of column 2 on page three:

"... The Interoperability Standards
associated with the HITSP
Biosurveillance Interoperability
Specification (HITSP v2 2007 IS02), or
''BIO,'' were recognized by the Secretary
in December 2007. The Hospital
Availability Exchange Standard (HAVE),
which was referenced in the HITSP
Interoperability Specification, was not
ready for secretarial recognition in June
2008 as anticipated, but since its
content has been previously included in
the accepted HITSP Interoperability
Specifications and it has achieved final
ballot by the Standards Development
Organization, it is being recognized. ..."

I don't know what the difference is between being recognized and
being accepted or listed.

It does not mention OASIS nor a full specification title, though it
does mention "... the Standards Development Organization," and it
says that has been accepted and it is being recognized even though it
wasn't ready in June 2008. However, it is not specifically listed as
the other OASIS standards are. For example EDXL-DE is listed as:

"... (OASIS) Emergency Data Exchange
Language (EDXL) Distribution Element
(DE) .."

EDXL-HAVE is also not found on the HITSP website for Biosurveillance
Standards
http://www.hitsp.org/InteroperabilitySet_Details.aspx?MasterIS=true&InteroperabilityId=49&PrefixAlpha=1&APrefix=IS&PrefixNumeric=02
among the specifications listed when you expand all versions, but is
included in the HITSP Acronyms.

Regardless, I think this should be made clear. The other issues also
remain, e.g. why have some standards been deleted and under what part
of their charter.