OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

emergency message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Re: Note to ITU

Eliot and Tony,

Thank you for your responses this morning.  I am glad to know that 
call-ins will be allowed so that the TC members can also hear the 
presentation/discussions with others implementing CAP.  It is likely 
that the TC will have some input for the workshop in some form.  I 
would like to socialize any concepts with as much input as possible 
from around the world into the work the TC must do.  I will pass on 
the comments you both provided to our meeting today.

Elysa Jones, Chair
CTO Warning Systems, Inc.

At 06:54 AM 5/28/2009, Eliot Christian wrote:

>Hi Elysa,
>Perhaps it would be useful to summarize what we intend.
>The objective of this Workshop is to draft an Implementors Note
>on the Use of Identifiers in CAP Implementations. That draft
>document is intended to be passed on to the OASIS TC as input
>to any official deliberations or actions that may be warrented.
>Participants will discuss matters raised in written contributions,
>by participants present in person or by telephone call-in, and
>during a one-hour joint session with a MeteoAlarm meeting.
>There is no need for an official delegation to this workshop,
>as everyone will participate solely as an individual expert.
>I will let you know what number will be used for call-in's.
> >>> Elysa Jones <ejones@warningsystems.com> 05/28/09 6:28 PM >>>
>Dear Eliot,
>Thank you for your continued tireless work to improve alert and
>warning in our world.
>The OASIS EM-TC would like very much to participate in the workshop
>at WMO in June. However, at this time, no members have identified
>the ability to attend without funding for travel. Since this topic
>has not been fleshed out within the TC (aside from the current
>identifier method specified in the Standard), we feel it is important
>for TC members to be able to participate in the workshop. Would it
>be possible for TC members or others to participate remotely?
>We will continue to seek funding for sending a representative as a
>minimum but no representative will have authority to act on behalf of
>the TC without TC consensus.
>We will begin a series of special meetings of the TC 5/28 to discuss
>this topic in an effort to develop a recommendation. Would it be
>possible to get any documented notes that would identify the
>method(s) the ITU-SG is considering and arguments for/against. This
>may help speed our efforts.
>I look forward to hearing from you.
>Kind regards,
>Elysa Jones, Chair
>CTO Warning Systems, Inc.

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]