Subject: Re: [emergency] Profile guidance

Yes, I am still out here – lurking Smile

The OGC follows ISO definitions (in the ISO directives) for profiles.

Regards

Carl

Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2012 8:30 AM

Here's a question for the group.

Is it worth noting that the profiles that have been created for CIQ and GML are FOR the EDXL suite, as opposed to profiles made IN the EDXL suite?

CIQ and GML are both very powerful information standards and they support profile usage, usually on an industry basis - I think of GML with its various profiles (Simple Features, CityGML, etc.) and that makes sense.

Perhaps this helps explain profile usage in the TC?

cheers,

Darrell
--
Darrell O'Donnell, P.Eng.