Subject: RE: [emix] Source and Content

Source of electricity is generally not specific plants but categories such as wind, solar, coal, nuclear, hydro, natural gas sources of electricity.

Source certification can take the form of “green certificates” which would be an example of a source warrant.  A buyer of electricity would want to know if ownership such certificates are conveyed by a product or are stripped off.  A source warrant can make this clear.

Otherwise a source warrant may be provided by operators of generators for example.

I cannot find any use of “electricity content” but there may be a use.

Edward G. Cazalet, Ph.D.

101 First Street, Suite 552

Los Altos, CA 94022

650-949-5274