Subject: Need EMIX Secretary - details on duties and time commitment

All --

Anne has resigned as Secretary, as other work has stepped up significantly. She will continue to be a member, but it's time for someone else to publish minutes and provide the guidance that the Secretary provides.

The duties are simple:

(1) Produce minutes for each meeting. This usually works from the chat notes saved after each meeting, which cooperatively include most if not all of the relevant points and motions. (to copy the chat notes, click in the chat window, Command/Control A, Copy, and then paste into your favorite editing program).

(2) Participate in a 30 minute meeting of the Chairs, Secretary, and Technical Editor for planning prior to each now monthly TC meeting.

All told, we estimate around 1.5 to 2 hours per meeting, which means now roughly per month.

Please privately contact the Chairs to discuss your potential support for the EMIX TC in this critical role.

BTW, we could also divide the work between two members. The only goal is to have someone other than the Chairs and Technical Editor managing the minutes, and providing sage advice in guiding the TC.

Thanks!

bill
--
William Cox
Email: wtcox@CoxSoftwareArchitects.com

p.s. the chat notes stay up for around 8 hours even if everyone has left the chat; you can go and copy the chat notes after the meeting, and I always do so if I have internet connectivity.

p.p.s. we keep roll electronically, so you can copy and paste a kavi-generated spreadsheet into the minutes. For today:

Company Name Role
Southern California Edison Bartell, Bruce Voting Member
Individual Cazalet, Edward Chair
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Considine, Toby Voting Member
Individual Cox, William Chair
Schneider Electric Davis, Phil Voting Member
Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) Gray, Gerald Voting Member
Individual Hendry, Anne Secretary
NIST Holmberg, David Voting Member
LonMark International Roberts, Jeremy Voting Member

So things are set up for minimal busy work,. As Anne said, "you have to pay attention."  The mechanics are supported.