Subject: Updates in CTS UML model for September 8, 2022 meeting

Iâve uploaded two figures showing UML class models for CTS.  The model has evolved since CSD02; this email will give a high level view of whatâs changed.

Part A of the agenda relates to the updated UML:

A, Review updated UML Diagrams after defining a subset UML model for CTS interactions, with public URIs to the archive.
(1) WD19 WIP1 UML Diagram 1 - Types.png is generally the types used to compose messages. Available in the archive at

      https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=70316&wg_abbrev=energyinterop

(2) WD19 WIP1 UML Diagram 2 - Payloads.png is generally the payloads for CTS messages. Available in the archive at

      https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=70317&wg_abbrev=energyinterop

Most of the changes are refinements, corrections or clarifications.

I started with our UML model from CSD01, and
  • Applied Enterprise Architectâs Schema Composer to build a subset (or interaction) UML model.
  • Processed that model to generate draft XSD and JSON schemas (published in the archives July 25, 2022)
  • Improved consistencyâ
    • Type names follow standard naming conventions in the style of NIEM and our previous standards
    • RefIds as message identifiers have largely been eliminated in favor of correlation by the transport (the exception is EiCancelTender which refers to the original request)
  • Corrected some issues with the tooling
  • Verified that cardinalities and attribute names match earlier work (the tool has a bad habit of expressing relationships as associations instead of as attributes in our standard style)

When weâve reviewed and tweaked, I will contribute the model to the TC, including the sequence diagrams and all class diagrams used in the CTS specification,

B. [An informal] Report on FIX-OASIS Coordination taking place to lead toward a liaison relationship.

Thanks!

bill cox