Subject: Re: first proposal

on 12/04/2000, Paul Grasso wrote;

>I know the DOM uses mixed case, and so does Java.  But they are
>programming languages.  We're talking about a catalog that a user
>needs to be able to create and modify, and many catalog users will
>not be programmers.

I submit that the markup language developers are often programmers, or at least
used to operating in a work environment that is oriented towards program and
website development.  I think that speaking with a programmer-oriented syntax
and lexicon is what they expect.

In my experience, the non-developers, like authors, would not get into the
rules-oriented portions of the markup, and because of that, would not be
involved in editing the catalogue or dtd/schema.

I suggest that the lowerCase or UpperCase CamelSyntax would be fine, as best
harmonises with the rest of the forward looking (not deprecated, etc.)
standards for markup rules and usage.

Regards,
David Leland

Paul Grosso <pgrosso@arbortext.com> on 12/04/2000 09:19:32 AM